Mary Wig Johnson Forum Logistics
Faculty will incorporate Capstone Day into their courses by encouraging their students to attend Mary Wig Johnson Forum presentations in their field or in related disciplines. Faculty with a Thursday class schedule are especially encouraged to bring their students to sessions in their field.
|April 21||Most theses due|
|April 22, 5:00 pm||Departments/Programs Nominations due to Raina Ramirez|
|April 28, 12:00 pm||Presentation Abstracts due to Raina Ramirez|
|May 1||Program online and to printer|
|May 4, 9:30am-8pm||Capstone Day|
Please note that because of timing constraints related to the printing of the program, it is crucial that your materials be turned in by the above deadlines.
- Sessions will be labeled/organized by discipline.
- Departments/Programs are invited to select top-notch work done by seniors and showcase it in sessions of 3 to 5 presenters.
- Sessions of 3 speakers at 15 minutes each or 4 speakers at 12 minutes each are acceptable, 5 speakers at 10 minutes each an absolute maximum. Should a department/discipline have 6 speakers, two sessions of 3 speakers should be proposed, and they will be scheduled consecutively in the same room, separated by a break. Poster sessions as well as the art show and music/dance recitals of course may have multiple participants.
- Departments/Programs with a thesis deadline earlier than April 20 are urged to nominate their presenters as soon as possible.
- No seniors may present in 2 sessions. If a student is nominated by two departments, she will choose where to present.
- Faculty moderators will preside over each session, introducing speakers, keeping them on time, and moderating the Q&A discussion at the end.