IFSA Butler Chilean Universities Program
Students attend classes at the Catholic University of Valparaiso. Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, tutorials, and research. Courses are taught in Spanish. On-site orientation and fieldtrips are included.
- Reviewed by: Reviewed by Professor Jennifer Wood
- Fields of study: Social Sciences (most popular fields of study history, geography, biology, psychology, and Latin American/Hispanic studies)
- Eligibility: 8.25 cumulative GPA; Completion of at least one 100 level Spanish class prior to participation; 3-5 courses in major
- Number of program participants: 50
Students live in private homes. Meals are taken with the host family.
- Fall: Early July to mid-December
- Spring: Mid-February to early July
- Advising Tips: This program requires a language evaluation completed on the IFSA Butler form from the most recent professor. Most IFSA Butler programs require an additional faculty reference (which cannot be completed by the same professor as the language evaluation) but not all, depending on the university partner. Contact an IFSA Butler program adviser for specific program requirements.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Valparaiso and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Santiago||Next: Valparaiso|