CIEE at Sophia University
Instruction consists of lectures and seminars, and internships; courses are taught primarily in English. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: T. Boucquey
- Fields of study: Japanese language and culture, anthropology, art history, history, linquistics, literature, political science, religion and philosophy
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Japanese
- Number of program participants: 50
Students live in private homes and take their meals with the host family.
- Fall: Not possible for fall only. Sophia University semester ends in late February
- Spring: Late March to late July
- Full Term: Mid September to late July - requires a petition
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Tokyo and Los Angeles.