Arcadia: University of New South Wales
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Full curriculum. Enrollment in fine arts classes requires a portfolio or audition tape.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; 3-5 courses in major required to take third year courses.
- Size of the student body: 33000
Students live in host institution dormitories with a full meal plan or with other international students in locally rented flats where they will shop for and prepare their own meals. Students can expect commutes of up to 45 minutes.
- Fall: early July to late November - note: this is Semester 2 in the Australian university calendar
- Spring: mid February to late June - note: this is Semester 1 in the Australian university calendar
- Advising Tips: Students may apply through IFSA Butler (http://www.ifsa-butler.org/james-cook-university.html) or through Arcadia University (link above). Students have access to the same university classes and service with either Butler or Arcadia. Housing arrangements, orientation experience and field trips vary depending on which sponsor chosen. Students should consider both options when making their choice.
- Visa Information: The Australian student visa cost is $625. Visa expenses are the responsibility of the student so this should be factored into budget planning. After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Sydney and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Melbourne||Next: Cairns / Townsville|