Instruction consists of lectures and seminars taught primarily in English at the Sant'Anna Center. Students are required to take an Italian language class. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Professor Sabrina Ovan
- Fields of study: Internships, select options in humanities, social sciences. Of special interest: creative writing, archaeology, marine biology, volcanology
- Eligibility: 8.0 cumulative GPA; Completion of Italian 02 prior to the semester abroad
Students may choose to live in a homestay (strongly recommended), in doubles or triples in the Sant'Anna residence hall, or in shared apartments with other program participants. Students who request a single room are responsible for paying the single room supplement. Scripps provides a meal allowance for any meals not provided with the host family. Students in other housing will receive an allowance for buying groceries and preparing their own meals in the shared kitchen.
- Fall: Late August to mid-December
- Spring: Mid January to May
- Advising Tips: Internships are possible in a wide range of areas.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, the program sponsor will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Los Angeles and the areas around Sorrento.
|Previous: Milan||Next: Siena|