CIEE at East China Normal University
Instruction consists of lectures and seminars, and internships; courses are taught primarily in English. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Chinese language and culture, international relations
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Mandarin
- Number of program participants: 75
Students live in international student dormitories and private homes. Students prepare their own meals or share meals with the family.
- Fall: early September to mid-December
- Spring: late January to mid-June
- Advising Tips: The application will require a language evaluation from your most recent Chinese language instructor. No other faculty reference is required.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Shanghai and Los Angeles.