CIEE Liberal Arts or Advanced Liberal Arts
Instruction consists of lectures and seminars; courses taught in Spanish. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included. Internships arranged.
- Reviewed by: Professor Cesar Lopez (emeritus)
- Fields of study: Fine arts, humanities, social sciences
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; completion of one SPAN 100 or higher level course for the Liberal Arts program or two upper division SPAN 100 or higher courses for Advanced Liberal Arts
- Number of program participants: There are approximiately 400 students from US colleges and universities based at the CIEE Center. The University of Seville is one of the top ranked universities in Spain with 65,000 students.
Students live in a private room with a host family with all meals provided by the family. Limited options may be possible to share a double or triple room in a Spanish residencia (dorm) with a cafeteria meal plan, or in shared apartments where students prepare their own meals with a modest meal stipend provided by CIEE.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December
- Spring: Mid January to early June
- Visa Information: The Spanish visa process must be started approximately 90 days prior to departure and students must be in the US to appear at their assigned consulate, typically based on the home state for fall programs, or the Scripps address for spring programs. After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Seville and Los Angeles.