CIEE: Arts and Sciences at Yonsei University
Instruction consists of lectures and seminars; courses taught primarily in English at the Underwood International College of Yonsei University. Students with proficient Korean language skills can choose from university courses taught in Korean. On-site orientation and fieldtrips organized by the host institution.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Bruce Coates, Seo Young Park
- Fields of study: Language and culture, (a Korean language course is required). East Asian studies, social sciences, humanities, engineering and science courses taught in English. Students with proficient Korean language skills can take courses at Yonsei taught in Korean.
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Korean or equivalent; Asian studies course
- Size of the student body: 26,000 undergraduates and 12,000 graduate students
Students have two options: a semester-long homestay with breakfast and dinner taken with the host family and a stipend from Scripps for lunches, or in the host institution dormitories with local and international students where students prepare their own meals in a shared kitchen with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid-August to late December
- Spring: Mid-February to late June
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: Cost of Living Comparison