CIEE Liberal Arts Program
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Cindy Forster
- Fields of study: Social sciences, humanities and limited options in the natural sciences are possible at either the CIEE Center, Instituto Filosófico Pedro Francisco Bonó (El Bonó), and Instituto Tecnológico de Santo Domingo (INTEC); Caribbean studies is possible as pre-set program.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA required by Scripps; GPA of 8.25-8.9 requires a petition to COSA.; completion of at least one Scripps Spanish course at the 100 and above level with a 9.0 average in language classes required.
- Number of program participants: 10-20
Students live in Dominican homestays in middle-class neighborhoods throughout Santo Domingo and receive three meals a day with their hosts.
- Fall: Late July to lateNovember or early December
- Spring: Early January to late April
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Santo Domingo and Los Angeles.