Salvador da Bahia
CIEE: Liberal Arts
Students complete a required pre-program of intensive Portuguese language study. The regular program courses include contintued study of Portuguese language, classes taught for CIEE program participants, and regular university courses taught in Portuguese.
- Reviewed by: Professor Rita Cano Alcala
- Fields of study: Intensive Portuguese language, history, philosophy, visual arts, music, literature, economics
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA required by Scripps, 8.25 - 8.9 GPA requires a petition to COSA; completion of Spanish 44 with a B average or two semesters of college level Portuguese
During orientation, students are housed together in a hotel. For the remainder of the program, students are placed in Bahian homestays and take meals with their hosts.
- Fall: Late June to mid December
- Spring: Early January to late June
- Advising Tips: This program requires a language evaluation completed by the most recent professor.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Brazil and the United States.