CET: Intensive Japanese Language & Culture Studies in Osaka
Intensive language study at all levels of Japanese and area studies courses taught in English.
- Reviewed by: Professor Thierry Boucquey
- Fields of study: Japanese language, history, culture, religion and performing arts
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Japanese. Students may complete the third semester of the general education foreign language requirement with participation on this program
- Number of program participants: 10-15 students
Six to eight students live in single rooms in traditional Japanese housing with Japanese roommates, arranged by the program. Students share kitchen facilities with the other residents and prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Early September to mid December
- Spring: Mid January to mid May
- Advising Tips: This program requires a language evaluation completed by the most recent language professor if applicable. An additional language evaluation is not required for students who submit faculty references from their most recent language professors.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, CET will provide you with specifics about the visa requirements.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Osaka and Los Angeles.