IFSA Butler: Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Students take a required Advanced Spanish class with IFSA Butler. Students attend classes at the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán. Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. Courses are taught in Spanish. On-site orientation and fieldtrips are included.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Cindy Forster
- Fields of study: Social sciences and the humanities, visual arts/studio arts, economics, psychology
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; Completion of Spanish 44 with a 9.0 GPA in Spanish classes; 2-3 courses in major
- Number of program participants: 20
Students live in homestays in Mérida and take all meals with their hosts.
- Fall: Mid August to mid-December
- Spring: Early January to mid-May
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Mérida and Los Angeles.