IFSA Butler: Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán
Students take a required Advanced Spanish class with IFSA Butler. Students attend classes at the Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán. Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. Courses are taught in Spanish. On-site orientation and fieldtrips are included.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Cindy Forster
- Fields of study: Social sciences and the humanities, visual arts/studio arts, economics, psychology
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; Completion of Spanish 44 with a 9.0 GPA in Spanish classes; 2-3 courses in major
- Number of program participants: 20
Students live in homestays in Mérida and take all meals with their hosts.
- Fall: Mid August to mid-December
- Spring: Early January to mid-May
- Advising Tips: This program requires a language evaluation completed on the IFSA Butler form from the most recent professor. Most IFSA Butler programs require an additional faculty reference (which cannot be completed by the same professor as the language evaluation) but not all, depending on the university partner. Contact an IFSA Butler program adviser for specific program requirements.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Mérida and Los Angeles.