Arcadia: University of Melbourne
"Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included. "
- Fields of study: Full curriculum of a comprehensive research university with special options for pre-med students..
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; 3-5 courses in major to be eligible for third year courses
- Size of the student body: 30,000
Students live in a host institution dormitory with a mandatory meal plan on in the Arcadia student flats where students will shop for and prepare their own meals.
- Fall: early July to late November - note: this is Semester 2 in the Australian university calendar
- Spring: early February to late June - note: this is Semester 1 in the Australian university calendar
- Advising Tips: Students may apply through IFSA Butler (http://www.ifsa-butler.org/james-cook-university.html) or through Arcadia University (link above). Students have access to the same university classes and service with either Butler or Arcadia. Housing arrangements, orientation experience and field trips vary depending on which sponsor chosen. Students should consider both options when making their choice. Most Arcadia/IFSA Butler programs require an additional faculty reference but not all, depending on the university partner. Contact a program adviser for specific program requirements.
- Visa Information: The Australian student visa fee is approximately $625 but the application process is relatively hassle-free. After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Melbourne and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Brisbane||Next: Sydney|