IFSA-Butler: Queen Mary College, University of London
Students take regular university classes with other British and international students.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Andrew Aisenberg, Nancy Macko. Staff: Neva Barker
- Fields of study: Linguistics, politics, biosciences, drama, economics, mathematics
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; 3-5 courses in major
- Size of the student body: 8500
Students live in a dormitory on the East End campus, just steps away from classes. Housing is in suites, with students sharing a kitchen and 2 baths with 6-8 British and international students. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend from Scripps based on the amount recommended by IFSA-Butler.
- Fall: Early September to mid December
- Spring: Early January to mid June
- Advising Tips: Students live on campus with easy access to campus events and club activities, connecting with local students to a greater degree than reported by students at other London campuses with off-campus housing.
- Visa Information: Students on semester programs will have student visitor status. Year-long students must apply for a Tier 4 student visa. Click here for more information on student visas. Note students with student visitor status will not have permission to work, intern or volunteer unless the host university will sponsor the student for a Tier 4 student visa. Not all universities will do so.
- Budget Planning: Queen Mary charges a supplemental fee for classes with labs or required field trips when enrolling in certain departments (typically the natural/physical sciences as well psychology). All required components of a class are part of tuition with this supplemental charge covered in the fees paid to the program by Scripps College. The student is responsible for the charges of any optional field trips.
|Previous: Brighton||Next: London|