Pitzer in Nepal
Intensive Nepali language, interdisciplinary core seminar and independent study on a project of the student's choice appropriate to the location.
- Reviewed by: Professor Adam Davis
- Fields of study: Nepali language and culture, Asian studies, development studies
- Eligibility: 6.0 GPA required by Scripps, students with an 8.25 or higher GPA may petition. Recommended preparation ANTH 16: Introduction to Nepal or other area studies course work.
- Number of program participants: 12-14
Students live in home stays with families near Kathmandu except when on study trips and have a shorter homestay in a middle hill village. Students have breakfast and dinner with their host families and share lunch at the program house.
- Fall: Mid August until early December
- Spring: Early February until mid June
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference. Only the SAGE checklist form is required, no letter needed.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Kathmandu and Los Angeles.