Glasgow – Art and Design
Arcadia: Glasgow School of Art
Students spend 30 to 35 hours a week in the studio working on independent projects under faculty supervision. All work is project-based, and each project is assessed individually. Students are awarded U.S. semester credit hours based on time spent working on each project that is part of that semester/year’s syllabus.
- Reviewed by: Susan Rankaitis
- Fields of study: Fine Art: Environmental art, painting, photography, printmaking, sculpture; Design and Craft: Ceramics, textiles, graphic design, illustration, photography, silversmithing
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; portfolio; highly competitive
- Size of the student body: 1500
Housing is in student residences near campus with individual rooms and shared living areas and cooking facilities. Scripps provides a meal stipend based on Butler's published recommendation.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December
- Spring: Early January to mid-June
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
|Previous: Edinburgh||Next: Glasgow|