Studio Arts College International (SACI)
Instruction consists of studio, labs, lectures, seminars, tutorials, workshops, and independent study. Courses taught primarily in English. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Professor Nancy Macko; Professor Mary MacNaughton
- Fields of study: Fine art, studio art, art conservation, Italian language and culture.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Italian; art major
- Size of the student body: Participants are primarily college and university students from the US.
- Number of program participants: 180
Students live in apartments with other program students. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December
- Spring: Early January to late April
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference from an art or art history professor. An aditional reference letter is required for students whose GPA is below 9.0. Due to the time commitment for studio courses, students are recommended to think carefully before taking more than two and balance the schedule with classes in art history and Italian culture, as well as the required Italian language course.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Florence and Los Angeles.