CIEE Liberal Arts
Intensive Italian language at the beginning of the semester and then continuing Italian and other course work taught in English. Students with sufficient background in Italian may audit university courses.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Ellen Finkelpearl
- Fields of study: Italian language, art history, cinema, contemporary Italian literature
- Eligibility: 7.5 cumulative GPA; two semesters of Italian required by Scripps.
- Number of program participants: 15
Homestay options are possible and students have two meals per day with the family. Students may choose to live in an apartment and share a double room and shared bathroom and kitchen facilities with another CIEE student. A meal stipend for lunches (homestay students) or for all meals (apartment redidents) is provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Early September to mid-December
- Spring: Mid January to late May
- Advising Tips: This program does not require a faculty reference.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Ferrera and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Siena||Next: Milan|