IES Writer's Program
Students take 15-19 credits (3.75 to 4.75 courses at Scripps) in courses for IES Abroad students, taught by Irish and international faculty.
- Reviewed by: Professor Kimberly Drake
- Fields of study: Classes in creative writing, playwriting, poetry and Irish literature with the possibility of an internship, and a service-learning experience.
- Eligibility: 9.0
- Size of the student body: A program of 20 - 40 students from colleges and universities throughout the US.
- Number of program participants: Average class size is 10
All students live in apartments scattered throughout Dublin, sharing with three to five other IES Abroad students. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps, based on an amount recommended by the program.
- Fall: Early September to mid December
- Spring: Early January to mid April
- Advising Tips: NOTE: The Digital Marketing and Communications class and courses from the Entrepreneurship & Technology Program track are not eligible for credit at Scripps.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Dublin and Los Angeles.