Christchurch, South Island
University of Canterbury with Arcadia
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. On-site orientation and some fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Professor Marion Preest, W.M. Keck Science Department
- Fields of study: The College of Arts and the College of Science recommended for Scripps students
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA required, students with a GPA between 8.5 to 8.9 rmay petition to COSA. A minimum of 2-3 courses in major completed prior to participation.
- Size of the student body: 17,500
Students live in university flats arranged by the program sponsor and prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps, based on the recommendation of Arcadia.
- Fall: Early July to mid-November (Semester 2 for course options)
- Spring: Mid-February to late June (Semester 1 for course options)
- Advising Tips: Most Arcadia programs require a faculty reference but not all, depending on the university partner. Contact a program adviser for specific program requirements. A second reference letter may be required in the case of borderline GPAs (varies by program).
- Visa Information: After acceptance, Arcadia will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Christchurch and Los Angeles.
|Next: Dunedin, South Island|