IFE: Brussels Field Study & Internship Program
Intensive coursework in Flemish language and Belgian culture for first five weeks followed by a full-time, twelve week internship and research project period.
- Reviewed by: Professor Thierry Boucquey
- Fields of study: French culture, international relations, European studies, politics, economics
- Eligibility: Scripps GPA of 9.0; REQUIRED - completion of French 44 or equivalent with an average grade of 9.0 or higher in French classes; COSA STRONGLY RECOMMENDS -one or more French courses at 100 level or above.
- Number of program participants: 5 -15
Housing options include a home stay with a Belgian family, a stay in a student dorm (foyer), or boarding house. Students prepare their own meals with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid August to mid December
- Spring: Mid January to mid June
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Brussels and Los Angeles.