IES- Contemporary China & Chinese Language (Program is closing after the Spring 2018 program - check with SAGE for other options)
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, research, and tutorials; courses taught primarily in Mandarin Chinese, area studies courses taught in English. On-site orientation and educational fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: T. Boucquey
- Fields of study: Chinese language and culture, social sciences
- Eligibility: 8.25 cumulative GPA; one year of college-level Mandarin
- Number of program participants: 20
Students live in host institution dormitories with local students. Students prepare their own meals.
- Fall: mid August to mid-December
- Spring: early January to mid-May
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Beijing and Los Angeles.