IES Humanities and Social Sciences Program : or IES Psychology and Sciences Program
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars and fieldwork; courses taught primarily in English at local universities; Dutch language study required. Internships arranged. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Michael Spezio
- Fields of study: Fine arts, humanities, social sciences, neuroscience, psychology.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; European studies course
- Size of the student body: 24,000 at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU); 29.000 at Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Number of program participants: 40
Students live in host university dorms with other program students. Students prepare their own meals.
- Fall: Mid August to late December
- Spring: Late January to late May
- Advising Tips: A faculty reference is only required of applicants, and a second reference with a GPA below 9.0.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Amsterdam and Los Angeles.