IES Humanities and Social Sciences Program : or IES Psychology and Sciences Program
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars and fieldwork; courses taught primarily in English at local universities; Dutch language study required. Internships arranged. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Michael Spezio
- Fields of study: Fine arts, humanities, social sciences, neuroscience, psychology.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; European studies course
- Size of the student body: 24,000 at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU); 29.000 at Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA)
- Number of program participants: 40
Students live in host university dorms with other program students. Students prepare their own meals.
- Fall: Mid August to late December
- Spring: Late January to late May
- Advising Tips: Students choose one of the two approved program options. The course, AMST-GS 315-01 Introduction to the Study of Sexuality and Gender in the Context of Amsterdam, has been approved to fulfill the Gender and Women's Studies general education requirement by previous petition to the Faculty Executive Committee.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Amsterdam and Los Angeles.