Courses Needing Instructor Permission
If a course is closed or you do not meet the registration criteria, you may seek instructor permission to register.
- Select Student tab; click on Add/Drop courses to “request permission to enroll authorization.”
- Note: Some classes have college-specific registration limitations, e.g. “Pomona students only.”
- Submit a PERM request as shown above. Watch both your Scripps email and your portal over several days for a response. Do not send multiple requests for the same course.
- Select Student tab to check instructor responses to PERM requests.
- PERM requests are listed with most recent request listed first.
- The Request Status line will display one of three responses:
- Request denied
- Approved – you may register for this course (all restrictions cleared)
- Approved – you may register for this course (all restrictions cleared unless section is Closed)
- Or, PERM request is pending
Note: An approved PERM request does NOT register you for the course; it allows you to add the course after receiving permission to enroll.