Monday, February 3
||-Last day to add courses|
-Last day to change from Pass/Fail or Audit to letter grade
||-Last day to drop courses without academic penalty|
-Last day to change to Pass/Fail or Audit grading type
||-Last day to withdraw from a course (“W” appears on official transcript); course withdrawal form is required with instructor/academic adviser approvals) |
- Adding Courses*
adviser clearance required for portal registration.
Scripps portal PERM to obtain instructor approval (see Student Portal
on the Registrar web page).
Note about CORE: Both instructor’s and Core Director’s
approval are required to change Core sections; a Change in Registration form is required.
- Dropping Courses*
- Drop courses via the Scripps portal. Instructor approval is not required to drop classes. Academic advising is strongly recommended.
- Students may not drop Core (see Registrar).
fees and lab course fees are refundable through the last day to add a
course. A maximum of four
PE activities can be taken for credit (P
- Pass/Fail Grading
- No Pass/Fail grading
is allowed for general education, major, or minor courses.
option is limited to one elective course per semester; no more than four
C grade (not including C-) for passing (P) grade.
use Change in Registration form; instructor and
academic adviser approval signatures required.
- Audit Grading
- May register as an auditor on a space-available basis, or change from letter or pass/fail grade to audit. Core, studio art, and music performance courses may not be audited. A student who audits a class may not subsequently enroll for credit (letter grade or pass/fail) for the same class with the same instructor.
- Audited courses do not earn credit and may not be used to meet any degree requirement.
- Must use Change in Registration form; instructor and academic adviser approval signatures required, except for physical education activities.
*Holds on registration
privileges will prevent adding/dropping of courses on the Scripps portal. Holds typically include an outstanding
financial obligation to the College (see Student Accounts Manager), or any
missing documentation due to the Registrar’s Office.