SCIAC Basketball Tournament Information
Posted: February 27, 2014
Dear Athena and Stag basketball fans,
This season, both the CMS women’s and men’s basketball teams won their respective Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) regular season championships. As a result, CMS will be hosting SCIAC Tournament opening round games on Thursday, Feb. 27 (women) and Friday, Feb. 28 (men) in Ducey Gymnasium. Tip-off for both nights is set for 7:30 p.m. as the Athenas take on the University of Redlands Thursday night and the Stags host Cal Lutheran Friday night.
For fans attending the game and I hope that you do attend if you can, only the main lobby entrances will be open, but please arrive early. As this is a conference playoff event, admission will be charged as follows:
- All SCIAC students, faculty, and staff are free with institutional ID.
- Children 12 years of age and under are FREE
- General Admission of $5.00 is charged for all others.
- No complimentary lists for team members, parents, etc.
Should both of our teams win their opening round games, here are the scenarios for Saturday, March 1. There is a possibility that CMS could host the SCIAC Tournament championship game for both the men and the women at Ducey Gym on Saturday, March 1 but that information as well as games times are dependent on how the opening round games go. I will have a follow up to this message Friday morning with information on the women’s final game.
- As the No. 2 seed, CMS would host the SCIAC Tournament championship game on Saturday, March 1 with a win against Redlands Thursday night and a loss by top-seed Chapman in their semifinal game. [We are co-champions w/ Chapman and they own the tiebreaker for seeding]
- If both CMS and Chapman win, the SCIAC Tournament championship game would be held at Chapman on Saturday, March 1. Please check the women’s basketball schedule as information will be posted as it becomes available.
- As the No. 1 seed, with a win over Cal Lutheran, CMS would host the SCIAC Tournament championship game on Saturday, March 1. The other SCIAC Tournament semifinal features Chapman University at Pomona-Pitzer, so there is the possibility of CMS hosting Pomona-Pitzer in Ducey Gym on Saturday, March 1 for the SCIAC Tournament title. Please check the men’s basketball schedule as information will be posted as it becomes available.
For those of you unable to attend this week’s games, fans can stream the games live and follow along with live stats. Also, for the latest information on game times and athletic news, please visit the CMS Athletics website. I look forward to seeing you all out at Ducey Gym this week to watch the Athenas and Stags go after their respective SCIAC Tournament titles.
Director of Athletics & Physical Education
|Previous: Bi-Weekly Payroll Reminder||Next: Water conservation on campus|