Fitness Certification Course
Posted: January 24, 2013
Have a passion for fitness? Enjoy helping others? Looking for a way to earn part-time income? Become an ACE-certified Fitness Professional and apply to work for the Tiernan Field House!
Scripps College, Tiernan Field House Staff will be offering a ACE certified Exam Review Course for Personal Training.
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become effective personal trainers. This course presents the ACE integrated Fitness Training™ (ACE IFT™) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered by this course and the ACE IFT Model will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
- Course Days and Times: Mondays and Wednesdays, 7-9pm
- Course Duration: January 28 – May 6, 2013
- Course Location: Scripps College, Tiernan Field House
- Course Fee: $329 (Includes Materials1 and Exam Fee2)
- Registration Deadline: Friday, January 25
Whether pursuing a fitness degree or looking to share your passion for exercise with others, becoming a certified personal trainer through the American Council on Exercise® (ACE®) will help you establish professional creditability, advance your knowledge and skills and enhance your employability.
Why get ACE-certified?
- ACE is the world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- ACE is recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certifications
- ACE certifications are NCCA-accredited, providing you with a competitive advantage
- Get support throughout your career from ACE’s knowledgeable resource staff
- Choose from more than 3,000 continuing education opportunities to advance your career
- ACE gives you access to employment, business, marketing and fitness research tools
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on insurance, fitness products and educational programs
- ACE accepts returns within 60 days of the invoice date. A 20% restocking/processing fee will be charged on all return orders.
- If a candidate is unable to sit for the examination after registering, the candidate has the option to reschedule the exam or request a cancellation of the exam registration. Candidates who cancel an exam registration may request a 50% refund of the examination fee.
|Previous: Fighting the Flu||Next: Changes in Weekend Pool Hours and Access at Tiernan Field House|