Announcement of Jennifer Armstrong as Associate Dean of Faculty
Posted: January 16, 2018
It is my pleasure to introduce our next Associate Dean of Faculty, Jennifer Armstrong, Professor of Biology, who will formally commence her duties on July 1, 2018. Jennifer will serve a 3-year full-time position with the possibility of renewal. She will be overseeing the wide range of activities that our current Associate Dean, Gretchen Edwalds-Gilbert, has so ably fulfilled.
Jennifer is an excellent choice for this newly enhanced position. She has been at Scripps and on the Keck Science faculty since 2003. She is an active Scripps community member with just a few of her experiences highlighted below:
- Served as the faculty advisor to the Scripps Post-Baccalaureate Program;
- Been the recipient of The Mary W. Johnson Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching from Scripps College and The G. David Huntoon Senior Teaching Award from Claremont McKenna College;
- Participated in Scripps first-year orientation and advising programs;
- Taught in the Scripps College Academy Summer Program;
- Involved in Women in Science/Success in the Sciences program;
- Published 20 peer-reviewed articles and one book chapter;
- Been the recipient of four grants from the National Science Foundation;
- Served as a reviewer for federal grants.
We are very fortunate to appoint someone to the Associate Dean of Faculty position who excels in teaching, scholarship, service, and dedication to Scripps College. Congratulations to Jennifer on her appointment! She will work this upcoming spring semester with Gretchen in transition mode. We all look forward to working with her in the upcoming months.
|Previous: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty||Next: Spring 2018 Tieden’s Teas|