2014 W-2s now available
Posted: January 27, 2015
Also, if you will be using TurboTax to prepare your return, Ultipro can automatically import your W-2 information into your tax return.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my 2014 W-2?
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that employers mail Form W-2 to employees by January 31, 2013. You can print your W-2 from the portal beginning on January 31, 2013.
First Time Logging Into Ultipro
Your user name is your legal first name, birth month, and birthday. For example, Joseph Doe, born January 12, would have a user name of joseph0112.
Your initial password is your full birth date (MMDDYYYY). Using the above example, Joseph would log in using 01121984 as his password. Once logged in for the first time, you will be asked to create a new password.
You will be able to log into Ultipro from any computer as long as you have internet access. If you have any questions of require assistance using Ultipro, please contact HR at (909) 607-7908.
How will my W-2 be distributed to me?
You can print the W-2 from the portal. Printed copies of W-2s will be mailed to your address on record. Please keep your personnel records updated.
What paychecks are included on my 2014 W-2?
The reporting year for a W-2 statement is determined by check date, not period ending date. Your Form W-2 will include checks dated between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
Why doesn’t my W-2 match my last pay statement?
Plans or programs such as 401(k), cafeteria plan benefits, and employer-provided life insurance can increase or decrease taxable wages reported on your Form W-2. These factors must be considered when you compare your Form W-2 and your last pay statement.
Besides my wages, are there other types of taxable income that must be included?
Yes. This may include such items as personal use of a company car, tuition remission, employer HSA, non-qualified moving expenses, etc.
How does my cafeteria plan benefits/flexible spending account affect my taxable earnings?
Federal taxable wages are reduced by the amount contributed for qualified benefits. This is in accordance with IRS requirements and applies to most state taxable wages as well.
Are payroll deductions for a Cafeteria Plan shown on my W-2?
No. However, they are listed on your pay statements.
What should I do if I haven’t received my W-2 form by February 15, 2015?
Contact Dee Spatafora at (909) 607-7850.
What should I do if there is an error on my W-2?
Contact Dee Spatafora at (909) 607-7850. Be prepared to provide your name, social security number, the nature of the error, and how to contact you. The problem will be researched and corrected as necessary.
What should I do if I lose my W-2?
We recommend that you keep the original copy of your Form W-2 in a safe place with other tax records. However, a Form
W-2 can be printed directly from the portal (Myself > Pay > W-2 > select the year you wish to view and print).
Can I file my tax return before I receive my W-2 by using my last pay statement?
This is not recommended because we have given copies of your Form W-2 to the IRS and your state and local governments. Any miscalculation of pre-tax issues or additional earnings could cause a discrepancy.
What do the “codes” mean on my W-2?
The explanations are listed on the back of your Form W-2.
What does the “code” in box 12 with code DD mean?
Health care reform legislation requires Scripps College to report the total value of the health coverage we provide on your Form W-2, starting with W-2s distributed by January 31, 2013. When you receive your W-2 in January, you will see a new box showing the value of your healthcare coverage. However, this is only a reporting requirement and doesn’t change how your benefits are taxed.
To import your UltiPro Form W-2 information into TurboTax:
- Go to www.ultimatesoftware.com/TurboTax or select the W-2 to TurboTax link from your viewable Form W-2.
- Sign up for a TurboTax account and select the product you will be using, or login if you already have an account.
- Begin the process of creating a new tax return. Note: If you have already started your tax return in TurboTax and the information is saved, you can access your tax return and continue to import your UltiPro Form W-2 information.
- When prompted for information from your Form W-2, enter your Employer’s Identification Number (EIN) from Box B of Form W-2.
- Select Continue. The Import Your Form W-2 Now page appears.
- Enter your Social Security Number from Box A of Form W-2.
- Enter your wages, tips, and other compensation from Box 1 of Form W-2. Important! The entry from Box 1 should be formatted as a dollar value, including two decimal places, even if digits to the right of the decimal are zeros (for example, enter 30000.00 instead of 30000).
- Select Continue. The Choose the Information You Want to Import page appears.
- Select Import Now to complete the import process. You are now ready to continue your tax return in TurboTax.
|Previous: Time Sheet Approval Issues||Next: CMS Athletics Week in Review: January 19-25|