Windows 7 & 10
To remove Novell, Trend-Micro, McAfee, and Novell iPrint:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under the Programs heading, select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the program you want to uninstall and click on Uninstall/Change.
macOS users will need only remove Trend-Micro or McAfee & printers as indicated below, if applicable.
To remove Scripps printers (OS X 10.6 through OS X 10.13):
- Launch System Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select the Print & Fax or Print & Scan preference pane from the hardware category.
- Select the printer you want to remove.
- Click the minus button below the list of printers.
To remove Trend-Micro
- Go to Applications Open Trend-Micro Folder.
- Select and launch the uninstaller.
- Run uninstaller.
To remove McAfee-OLD VERSION
- Click on the McAfee icon on menu bar. If the menu mentions “McAfee Security” then the computer is running the older version. Open the Terminal application and type the following (this is case sensitive; spaces are important):
- Type the following: sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstallMSC
- Press Return key and you will be prompted for the user’s admin password. It will not print asterisks or anything else on the screen when typing the password. Once the command prompt returns, McAfee has been uninstalled.
To remove McAfee-NEW VERSION
- If the McAfee menu mentions “McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac” instead of “McAfee Security” then the computer has the newer version. Open Terminal and type the following two commands (this is case sensitive; spaces are important):
- Type the following:
- sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstall EPM
- sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh
- Press Return key and you will be prompted for the user’s admin password after the first command. It will not print asterisks or anything else on the screen when typing the password. If you type the second line within a few minutes, it will not ask for the admin password again. (The first command uninstalls McAfee; the second command uninstalls the McAfee Agent, a separate item.)
If you are unable to follow these procedures or would like assistance, please contact our Residential Network Specialist/User Support Specialist, Courtney Espiritu at x77428 or at Frankel 91 or Steele Hall 10.
Updated February 2018