Windows Vista/Windows 7
To remove Novell, McAfee, and Novell iPrint:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Under the Programs heading, select Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on the program you want to uninstall and click on Uninstall/Change.
OS X users will be disconnected from the network when the physical connection is terminated, and need only remove McAfee and printers as indicated below, if applicable.
To remove Scripps printers (OS X 10.6 through OS X 10.10):
- Run System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select the Print & Fax or Print & Scan preference pane from the Hardware category.
- Select the printer you want to remove from the list of printers.
- Click the minus sign button below the list of printers.
To remove McAfee-OLD VERSION
- Click on the McAfee icon on menu bar. If the menu mentions “McAfee Security” then the computer is running the older version. Open the Terminal application and type the following (this is case sensitive; spaces are important):
- Type the following: sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstallMSC
- Press Return key and you will be prompted for the user’s admin password. It will not print asterisks or anything else on the screen when typing the password. Once the command prompt returns, McAfee has been uninstalled.
To remove McAfee-NEW VERSION
- If the McAfee menu mentions “McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac” instead of “McAfee Security” then the computer has the newer version. Open Terminal and type the following two commands (this is case sensitive; spaces are important):
- Type the following:
- sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstall EPM
- sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh
- Press Return key and you will be prompted for the user’s admin password after the first command. It will not print asterisks or anything else on the screen when typing the password. If you type the second line within a few minutes, it will not ask for the admin password again. (The first command uninstalls McAfee; the second command uninstalls the McAfee Agent, a separate item.)
If you are unable to follow these procedures or would like assistance, please contact our Residential Network Specialist, Zailyn Tamayo at x77428 or at Steele 10.
Updated April 2017