Move from Box@Scripps to a personal Box account
To move your files from a Box@Scripps account to a personal Box account, please follow the instructions below:
- Create a new free Box account using a personal email address by going to www.box.com if needed.
- Click on the “Sign Up” link in the upper right.
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button under the “Personal Free” column.
- Enter information and click “Continue.”
- Create a new Box folder in your Box@Scripps account.
- From the “All Files and Folders” tab of the account, click on the “New” button in the top left.
- From the sub-menu, click “Folder.”
- Invite a personal Box account as a collaborator.
- In the dialog box that opens from the previous step above,
- Folder Name: Something like “Shared with personal account.”
- Collaboration: Select “Invite people to upload or download files.”
- Enter names or email addresses: Enter the name of the personal account.
- Click “Okay.”
- Move any content from your Box@Scripps account into this new folder.
- Transfer the ownership of this new folder from a Box@Scripps account to a personal account by following these directions: https://support.box.com/entries/23626123-How-do-I-change-the-owner-of-a-folder-.
- Log in to the personal account, navigate to the transferred folder, and remove the Box@Scripps account as a collaborator.
Last Updated: April 2017