Date Updated: April 29th, 2012
Any member of the campus community whose position or specific or occasional job duties requires use of Scripps College vehicle, including carts used on campus property, for must adhere to the following policies:
- Such employees must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable by the College’s automobile insurance carrier. Any changes in the status of your driver’s license (revocation, suspension, DUI, etc.) must be reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Employees must obey all traffic laws and speed limits; wear seat belts at all times, maintain a safe speed for road, traffic, and weather conditions; practice defensive driving techniques. Campus cart drivers must follow specific regulations about allowable routes and pedestrian right-of-way.
- Company vehicles will be driven only for transportation to approved destinations and will not be driven for private use unless arrangements have been made in advance.
- Only authorized employees are permitted to drive or ride in a company vehicle.
- Only the driver assigned to the vehicle is authorized to sign for gasoline, oil, etc. All charge receipts must include: Name and Address of the Vendor, Date of Purchase, Number of Gallons Purchased, Amount Paid, License Plate Number.
- Alcohol or illegal drugs will not be allowed in a company vehicle at any time.
- No driver who has been drinking alcoholic beverages or is under the influence of drugs will be allowed to drive a company vehicle.
- Vehicles must be properly maintained and kept clean at all times.
- Report accidents to management immediately, regardless of perceived damage.
- Any damage to a company vehicle caused by employee carelessness or neglect is the responsibility of the employee. In the event of damage, the employee assigned to the vehicle will be responsible for expenses up to the current insurance deductible. Any employee who misuses a company vehicle or is no longer insurable by the company’s insurance carrier may be subject to dismissal.