Procedures for Requesting an Accommodation

Date Updated: May 9th, 2012

If you are disabled and require a reasonable accommodation for your disability, you should notify your supervisor and Office of Human Resources of your need for reasonable accommodation. In order to assess your request for reasonable accommodation, the College may require you to provide a certification from your health care provider that sets forth the nature of your impairment and specific limitations.

It is Scripps College’s policy to engage in the interactive process when an employee or applicant requests a reasonable accommodation or when the need for such accommodation becomes apparent. The “interactive process” refers to discussions between an employer and the employee regarding the individual’s limitations and possible reasonable accommodations under the ADA.