Annual Staff Recognition Awards
The Office of Human Resources is pleased to announce this year’s Staff Recognition Award Program. These awards honor eligible staff members who have made recognizable contributions to Scripps College. This is an opportunity to nominate and recognize your colleagues. Awards will be presented at the upcoming Staff Appreciation lunch on Tuesday, May 21.
Please note: nominations are due to Human Resources by April 26, 2019.
- Regular-status staff employees of Scripps College who have been employees of the College for at least three (3) years are eligible to be nominated by faculty, staff and students.
- Staff employees who have received the Outstanding Contribution Award in the last five (5) years are not eligible to receive this award in 2018.
- The President, members of Senior Staff and the Director of Human Resources are not eligible to receive Outstanding Contribution Awards and may not provide nominations for this award.
Award recipients will be selected using one or more of the following criteria:
- Contributions to the work place: Employee has made outstanding contributions to the work place and department. In addition to performing their job duties with excellence, s/he also takes initiative and goes above and beyond in his or her contributions and has gained the respect and admiration of supervisors/peers.
- Contributions to the larger community: Employee has made outstanding contributions to the “spirit of community” of the College or to The Claremont Colleges’ greater community and promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation.
- Contributions to one’s area of expertise: Employee has made noticeable contributions in his/her professional or technical area of expertise.
- Taking initiative: Employee has identified, suggested, or taken initiative to improve quality and/or efficiency of College operations or programs. Employee may also have planned effectively for successful implementation and long-term success of new services.
- Staff, faculty and students who wish to nominate staff employees, will prepare letters of recommendation based upon the above criteria and forward the letters to the Director of Human Resources.
- Senior Staff will review all nominations and select awardees. The Senior Staff includes the President, the VP Business Affairs/Treasurer, the VP/Dean of Faculty, the VP Institutional Advancement, the VP for Enrollment, VP/ Dean of Students, the Chief Marketing and Communications Office, the Executive Assistant to the President, Vice President and Secretary to the Board of Trustees. Awards will be presented at the annual Staff Appreciation Luncheon.
Rob Van Riel
Amperia Torres Ermosillo
Rebecca (Becky) Ballinger
Mary Jo Palmer
Margaret (Meg) Vall