Personal Trainer Certification Course
Why get ACE-certified?
- ACE is the world’s largest nonprofit fitness certification organization
- ACE is recognized industry-wide as the standard for fitness certifications
- ACE certifications are NCCA-accredited, providing you with a competitive advantage
- Get support throughout your career from ACE’s knowledgeable resource staff
- Choose from more than 3,000 continuing education opportunities to advance your career
- ACE gives you access to employment, business, marketing and fitness research tools
- Enjoy exclusive discounts on insurance, fitness products and educational programs
For more information on the ACE Personal Training Certification Course, or to find out how to register for an ACE Exam, contact Tamsen Burke at (909) 607-8810.
This course is designed to give students the knowledge and understanding necessary to prepare for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam and become effective personal trainers. This course presents the ACE Integrated Fitness Training™ (ACE IFT™) Model as a comprehensive system for designing individualized programs based on each client’s unique health, fitness, and goals. The information covered by this course and the ACE IFT Model will help students learn how to facilitate rapport, adherence, self-efficacy and behavior change in clients, as well as design programs that help clients to improve posture, movement, flexibility, balance, core function, cardiorespiratory fitness, and muscular endurance and strength.
Key topic areas covered include:
• Human Anatomy, Exercise Physiology, Applied Kinesiology, and Nutrition
• Principles of Adherence, Motivation, Behavior Change, and Health Psychology
• Communication and Teaching Techniques
• The ACE Integrated Fitness Training Model
• Building Rapport
• Health and Exercise History Information Assessment
• Functional Training: Assessments, Programming, and Progressions for Posture, Movement, Core, Balance, and Flexibility
• Physiological Assessments
• Resistance Training: Programming and Progressions
• Cardiorespiratory Training: Programming and Progressions
• Professional and Legal Responsibilities, Scope of Practice, and Business Strategies for Personal Trainers
• Special Exercise Programming Topics: Mind-body Exercise, Special Populations, and Exercise Implications of Common Musculoskeletal Injuries
Students are required to take the pre-test, post-test, 18 quizzes, and attend 80% (or better) of the classes/lectures. Attending the Friday labs is optional but recommended. The course is offered as pass/fail.
Student Bundle – $120.72, Retail: $158.77
- American Council on Exercise (2010). ACE Personal Trainer Manual, 4th ed. Bryant, CX & Green, DJ (Eds). San Diego, CA: American Council on Exercise.
- American Council on Exercise (2010). ACE’s Essentials of Exercise Science for Fitness Professionals. Bryant, CX & Green, DJ (Eds). San Diego, CA: American Council on Exercise.
- American Council on Exercise (2010). Master the Manual, 4th ed. Bryant, CX & Green, DJ (Eds). San Diego, CA: American Council on Exercise.
- Sample Test for the Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Ordering Text Materials
To access special student pricing and packages go to www.acefitness.org/students