Field House Building Hours and Policies
Academic Year 2016-2017: August 30- December 16, January 17- May 12
Building Dependent Policies and Age Limits
Dependent members must be 16 years of age or older to use the field house facilities/equipment. Dependent member ages 10 to 17 years old, must be accompanied by a responsible adult 18 years or older at all times during the visit. The Tiernan Field House has outlined general information on summer pool policies for dependent children. Please also take a moment to review our web page for more information.
Building (effective Tuesday, August 30, 2016)
|Dates||Hours of Operation||Scripps Only|
|Monday-Friday||7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Saturday-Sunday||9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.||3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
The pool hours will be based on lifeguard availability.
|Dates||Hours of Operation: Community Hours||Scripps Undergraduate Hours|
|Monday-Thursday||7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.|
|Friday||7:00 a.m.-12:00 pm, 3:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.|
|Saturday, Sunday||3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.||12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
College Break and Holiday Schedule
Fall Holidays and Break Periods
Labor Day: Monday, September 5, TFH Open
Friday, October 14th: 7am-6pm, Pool – Normal Hours
Saturday and Sunday, October 15th and 16th: Building- 12pm-5pm, Pool- Closed
Monday and Tuesday, October 17th and 18th: Building 7am-6pm, Pool – Closed
Wednesday, November 23, 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Thursday & Friday, November 24 & 25, TFH Closed
Saturday, November 26 – Sunday, November 27, 12:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 23th, Thursday & Friday, November 24 & 25, TFH Closed
Saturday, November 26 – Sunday, November 27, 12:30 pm- 4:30 pm
Finals Week, December 14-18th
Building: Open 7:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 17 and Sunday Dec 18: Closed
Monday December 12th-Thursday December 15th: To be Determined
Friday, December 16th-Sunday December 18th: Closed
Winter Break, December 19th-January 6th
Saturday, December 17, 2016 – Monday, January 2th: Building & Pool Closed
Building (No Scripps Only hours):
Tuesday, January 3rd- Friday, January 6th: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 7th-Sunday January 8th: Closed
Monday, January 9th- Friday, January 13th: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, January 14th-Sunday January 15th: 12:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
The pool will reopen Monday, January 16th. Times TBD.
Spring Holidays and Break Periods
MLK Day: Monday, January 16, TFH Open
Cesar Chavez Day: Friday, March 31, TFH Open
Saturday & Sunday, March 11-12, Closed
Monday, March 13- Friday, March 19, TFH Open (Reduced Hours)
Saturday, May 13, TFH Closed
Summer Annual Maintenance and Holidays
Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, Closed
Scripps Pool Hours (Based on lifeguard availability)
Monday – Thursday, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Friday, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.Saturday & Sunday, March 14-15, Closed
Saturday and Sunday, Closed
Holidays and Break Periods
May 16- May 30, Closed
July 4, Closed
To enter the Field House
- Enter at front entry desk in the lobby. Use of any other exterior door is prohibited and will activate an alarm.
- Present your current valid Scripps, HMC, or CMC ID at the entry turnstile. An ID not belonging to the bearer or of a suspicious nature may be confiscated immediately.
- Members forgetting their ID more than twice and wishing to enter the facility, must purchase a guest pass for $5.00. The patron must have a picture ID and their membership must be verified.
- Students, faculty and staff who have lost their ID or who have an ID that is unreadable or with unclear photo must pay to have the ID replaced by the Campus Card Office.
- Members who have lost their membership ID or who have an ID that is unreadable or with unclear photo must purchase a replacement card at the TFH Office. Cost – $10.00.
- The TFH staff reserves the right to ask for additional identification at any time. Individuals unable to verify their identity to the satisfaction of TFH staff will be denied entry.
- Guests are required to be accompanied by the sponsoring member for the duration of their visit and present picture ID, as well as the valid guest pass, for entry.
- Any TFH user who has need of special accommodation may check in at the main office.
- TFH staff will happily escort guests through the locker room as needed.
- TFH staff are not trained in assisting with transfers or in assisting with dressing or personal hygiene and, therefore are not permitted to assist.
- Individuals who require the assistance of a personal attendant must register the attendant with the office in advance of entry.
- Service animals are welcome in the facility.
- The RC building, programs, and services are intended to be accessible. Any guest who needs additional accommodation may check in at the front desk.
Lockers / Locker Rooms
- The TFH staff provides a lock to protect valuables. Personal locks may not be used.
- Clothing and bags must be secured in lockers.
- Locks may be checked out with a photo ID at the entry desk.
- Lockers are day use only and belongings may not be left overnight. Locks and contents not removed at the close of each day will be confiscated. Belongings may be picked up at the entry area.
- Glass containers are prohibited in the locker rooms, shower facilities, the pool area to prevent injuries from broken glass.
Attire & Footwear
- Appropriate footwear must be worn when using activity areas. Open toe shoes are strictly prohibited in the cardio and weight rooms.
- Pool footwear is limited to pool approved footwear. All street shoes are prohibited on the pool deck.
- Any athletic shoe which marks or mars the floor is not permitted. Shoes with spikes or bike cleats are not permitted in the building and must be removed before entering.
- Participants must wear appropriate exercise attire: T-shirts, shorts, warm-up suits, sweat suits, tennis clothing, or aerobics attire. Street clothing is not permitted as it can be dangerous and confining when exercising.
- A T-shirt that covers the full torso is required for participants to use exercise machines and free weight rooms with back supports. A full shirt reduces skin contact with the benches, absorbs sweat and reduces the spread of skin infections.
- Clean swim attire must be worn in the pools and spa for health purposes and to reduce stress on the filtration system. A clean T-shirt may be worn over swim attire. Cutoff shorts, underwear and unapproved footwear are prohibited.
- Patrons are welcome to use personal listening devices with earphones, but devices that project sound are prohibited.
Members are encouraged to express their opinions and suggestions to the recreation staff. A suggestion box is located in the entry lobby. Users wishing to contact the Director of TFH may direct their call to (909) 607-8810 or e-mail.
Food, Beverage and Tobacco Use
- Tobacco use is prohibited for Scripps TFH facilities.
- Possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at all facilities.
- Food and beverages, other than water, may not be brought into the activity areas.
- Approved areas for food/beverage consumption are the meeting rooms (if reserved).
Lost and Found
- Scripps College is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- The TFH staff is not allowed to hold valuables for users.
- Clothing, bags and all personal items must be locked in lockers provided.
- Contact the Director of TFH, to inquire about items forgotten or lost in the facility.
- Items not claimed within 5 days are donated to charity or discarded.
- If an injury or incident occurs, please contact a member of the TFH staff immediately.
- Call (909) 607-2000 to reach campus safety.
- First aid supplies are available at the TFH at the entry control, issue area, and pool office. All supplies are for first aid purposes ONLY.
- AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) device available for emergencies through TFH staff members; to be used only by TFH staff members or trained professional.
- In the event of a fire or other emergency, alarms will sound throughout the facilities.
- TFH staff members or College personnel will provide users with evacuation instructions.
- Do not use the elevator in an emergency. Users needing help to exit the building should call aloud for help or use an emergency phone, campus phone or another patron to call for assistance.
- In the event of a earthquakes, tornado or extreme storm conditions, follow the directions of TFH staff.You will be asked to leave large open areas adjacent to glass windows and walls to seek shelter in designated areas of the building. Remain in designated areas until TFH staff informs you it is safe to leave.
- In the event of an approaching electrical storm or tornado alert, outdoor facility users should immediately seek cover indoors.
Anti Discrimination Policy
Scripps College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and no differentiation will be made based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or the presence of a disability.