Hearst Foundation Senior Thesis Research & Research Fellowship Fund
Hearst funds senior thesis in Fine Arts, Social Science, and the Humanities to purchase supplies or materials necessary for senior thesis research or to travel to research sites, such as archives. The goals of the research fellowship are to gain critically important research skills and training in a faculty-directed research fellowship
Types of Awards and Funding
- Senior thesis students may apply for up to $1,000 in direct research expenses. We anticipate funding 5-6 senior thesis students each semester, depending on the amount of funds requested.
- Research Fellowship – work with faculty member on the faculty member’s research initiative. Students receive a salary of $10.50/hour for their work on the project, with an estimate of 6 hours/week for 10 weeks. A fellow may apply for up to $850 to pay for supplies, materials, or travel. Students may not receive academic credit for salaried research positions.
Scripps College senior thesis students for senior thesis funding; preference for research assistantships for sophomores and juniors
Fall Semester Application Due September 17th
Spring Semester Application Due February 11th
Complete the on-line application.
Proposals must include the following:
- Project Description (see below)
- Proposed Budget & Budget Justification
- Letter of support from faculty senior thesis adviser that addresses the budget.
More detailed information may be found in the Request for Proposals.
For more information please contact Associate Dean Jennifer Armstrong.
|Previous: Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program||Next: Bekki Lee Memorial Endowed Scholarship|