The Marketing and Communications team prioritizes publications for external (off-campus) marketing and communications purposes. In general, we are more likely to produce your publication if the intended audience is off campus (for instance, prospective students) rather than on campus. However, we offer a wide range of designed templates to help campus offices and organizations communicate effectively with on-campus audiences.
Our publications range from brochures and booklets to large-scale projects such as the admission viewbook and the Scripps Magazine. Because we produce numerous publications each year, we take on new projects when possible, assigning priority to projects already in our planning cycle. Printing, mailing, and occasional design costs are paid for by the office or department requesting the publication.
Expertise and resources
- Publicity and promotion
- Invitations, programs, and event collateral
- Marketing publications
Please request printed publications at least 8 weeks in advance of your deadline. Larger projects such as annual reports or booklets can take up to 6 months, so please contact us as soon as you start thinking about your publication!
|Fliers and postcards||2 weeks|
|Direct mail campaign||10 weeks|
|Event Poster (non-template)||2 weeks|
|Word treatment||2 weeks|
- Review our branded templates
- Complete a project request form
- Review publications process and requirements
The Marketing and Communications team will:
- Consider new requests at our weekly project review meeting
- Determine whether the project can be completed in-house
- Create a project plan and schedule
- Procure freelance professionals, if recommended