Instructions for Maintenance Connection
Gaining Access to the System*
Before service can be requested a “Member ID” must be established.
- Go to or copy the URL maintenanceconnection.com in your browser (Google works best for PC users).
- Select the Log In button on the upper right hand corner of your screen.
- Select Click Here next to Want to Sign Up?
- Select I am NOT a member of the Maintenance Connection.
- Click OK
- On the next screen select I have been provided with a Connection Key to sign up with an existing Company/Organization that has been previously established.
- Enter the Connection Key 78787044.
- Click OK
- Profile Info section: Enter the standard information such as name, email address, and language.
- Member ID/Password Info section: use your Scripps College email address as your member ID. This ensures that the member ID is unique to the system.
- Choose a password. We encourage you to use the same password as your Novell log in. This is not required but it does save you from remembering yet another password.
- Security Question section: Choose your question and answer.
- Repair Center Info section: When asked to “Specify your Repair Center” select facilities.
- Click OK
*Please note that students are asked to contact their Resident Advisor to submit work orders on their behalf.
You have just sent a message to Maintenance Connection. You will receive a response from Maintenance Connection indicating that you have successfully invoked the Sign Up process. This could take up to 24 hours. Once you are approved you will receive another message from Maintenance Connection indicating that you have been approved.
Once approved, you can submit a work order request.
Logging On and Submitting a Service Request (or Work Order)
- Go to https://maintenanceconnection.com
- Click on Log In
- Enter your Member ID and Password
- Click OK
- Once you are logged into the system the Service Requester page is the first page viewed
- Location: From the drop down menus indicate the location where the service is needed.
- Depending on the location chosen further drop down menus appear allowing you to be more specific with regard to the floor or room number. If you cannot find your location you can use “General Campus.” Be sure to give the exact location in the description section.
- Problem: From the drop down menu select the problem that best fits your need. If none apply choose “other” and enter your problem in the Short Description section.
- Short Description: In the space provided give a concise description of your need. If you are requesting for someone else please provide the name of the person you are requesting service for.
- Click on Submit
You have just submitted a work order request. You will receive an email indicating that your request has been received. You will receive an updated notification indicating that your work order has been issued to a technician. You will receive another notification indicating when the work order has been completed.
For a printable version of these instructions click here.