Audio Recording Name Pronunciation
Dear Graduating Seniors,
Congratulations on your approaching graduation! This is a special time for you and your family, and I want to make sure that your name is pronounced correctly at all Commencement activities. Please record your name.
You can now record your name pronunciation directly through the portal. It is convenient and easy!
You must use FIREFOX to log into your portal. Do not use Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari.
- Login to the Portal at mycampus.scrippscollege.edu
- From the “Student” tab go to “Name Pronunciation” located on the left-hand side menu. From there follow the instructions and your name pronunciation will be saved.
- Please record your name as you would like it announced at commencement. For example, if you want your middle name omitted or added, please include this.
- In addition to stating your name clearly, please also type a phonetic pronunciation.
- You also can access the Name Pronunciation feature from your mobile phone or tablet the same way.
If you encounter problems recording your name, you may record your name in person by stopping by the Dean of Faculty Office Balch 122. The office is open 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed for lunch between 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.)
Contact the IT HELP desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Dean of Faculty Office (x74215) if you encounter problems or have questions regarding the online name pronunciation recording process.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Please do this as soon as possible so that I may pronounce your name correctly for you and your guests!
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty