Tutoring Program Coordinator Application Process
The Scripps Tutoring Program is recruiting for two positions for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
- Tutor Coordinator Job Description (sciences, languages, humanities); or
- Math Spot Tutor Coordinator Job Description (computer science, econ, math, and Math Spot).
- Candidates must be a current and continuing Scripps student.
- Candidates must be full-time Scripps students in good academic standing, and have a cumulative GPA of 8.0 or higher. Students who are on academic probation are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should be second or third year Scripps students and must have completed a minimum of one semester at Scripps.
- Candidates should possess strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and collaborative skills. Candidate must be able to conduct self in a professional manner.
- Candidates must disclose all prior College disciplinary actions at the time of application
Included in this page is information about the various forms that must be completed by interested candidates.
Below is the timeline for the application, review, and interview process for these positions. If you would like to print this timeline, click here.
|February 2||Applications available
|March 2||Applications Due
|March 2-6||Application Review|
|March 23||Decision letters/Offer of position and paperwork|
|March 30||Shadowing and Training*|
* Selected candidates will be expected to shadow tutor coordinators for the remainder of the spring semester. Shadowing will be paid work time.
* A training schedule will be provided once a candidate is selected. All trainings are mandatory and constitute paid work time.
If you have any questions please contact Sonia De La Torre-Iniguez, Assistant Dean of Student and Director of Academic Support Services.