For a complete listing of all policies, refer to the Guide to Student Life
FOR ANY EVENT ADVERTISED ON THE SCRIPPS CAMPUS
Advertising, Publicity, and Solicitation Policy
- Before it is copied, the original poster must be brought to OSE, SCORE, the Dean of Students Office, or the Humanities Institute Office for approval. Flyers without an approval stamp will be removed (exception: Residential Life flyers). Flyers must state the name(s) of the sponsoring organizations/people, a contact name, and an email address. Advertising may contain no explicit or implicit reference to alcohol or other drugs, and language should be sensitive to the wide array of interests and backgrounds represented in the Scripps community.
- Flyers may be placed on bulletin boards only—one poster per event per bulletin board/posting location. Flyers are not permitted on the Elizabeth Monroe Wood Steps (unless exception is granted through the Student Activities and Residential Life Office) or public area windows, doors, and walls on campus. Entry doors to the residence halls are reserved for Residential Life staff flyers only. Flyers taped to the ground are prohibited.
- Only blue masking tape is permitted.
- Chalk writings are prohibited.
- Flyers other than event publicity (e.g., available housing, services, or goods) or commercial offers and other solicitation from non-Claremont Colleges sources must be approved through the Dean of Students Office prior to posting.
For publicity guidelines pertaining to elections, see the election guidelines in the Guide to Student Life Campus Governance section.