IFSA-Butler: University of York
Students in the fall may only receive 3 Scripps course credits due to the shorter term, unless the university allows the stuent to take an overload.. Spring term participants may receive 4-5 Scripps course credits.
- Reviewed by: Emily Wiley, Keck Science
- Fields of study: Archaeology, biosciences, economics, history of art, history, linguistics, math, philosophy, physics, politics, psychology, sociology.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; 3-5 courses in major
- Size of the student body: 8000
Housing is in one of seven colleges on the campus in single study bedrooms with shared bathrooms. Some housing comes with a mandatory meal plan. In others, students will prepare their own meals or purchase pay-as-you-go meals in campus dining facilities with a stipend provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid-September to mid-December
- Spring: Early January to late June
- Advising Tips: This program requires one faculty reference
- Visa Information: Students on semester programs must obtain a student visitor visa. Year-long students must apply for a Tier 4 student visa. Click here for more information on student visas. Note students on a student visitor visa will not have permission to work, intern or volunteer unless the host university will sponsor you for a Tier 4 student visa. Not all universities will do so.
|Previous: Oxford||Next: London – Art|