Wellington, North Island
Victoria University of Wellington with Arcadia
Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and tutorials. On-site orientation and some fieldtrips included.
- Reviewed by: Professor Marion Preest, W.M. Keck Science Department
- Fields of study: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences or the Faculty of Science are recommended for Scripps students
- Eligibility: 8.1 cumulative GPA required. A minimum of 3 courses completed in major prior to participation.
- Size of the student body: 22,000 students
Students live in thematic residence halls with meal plans or in self-catered apartments arranged by the program. Students in apartments receive a meal allowance from Scripps based on the Arcadia recommendation.
- Fall: early July to mid-November (Semester 2 for course options)
- Spring: mid-February to early July (Semester 1 for course options)
- Advising Tips: Most Arcadia programs require a faculty reference but not all, depending on the university partner. Contact a program adviser for specific program requirements. A second reference letter may be required in the case of borderline GPAs (varies by program).
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Wellington and Los Angeles.
|Previous: Dunedin, South Island||Next: Christchurch, South Island|