The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Turkey for our students.
All students are required to enroll in a Turkish language course at their level and four additional courses at Koç University.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Mary MacNaughton, Nancy Macko. Staff: Neva Barker
- Fields of study: Social sciences and the humanities, natural sciences, math, engineering
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA, 8.25 - 8.9 GPA requires a petition, area studies course
- Number of program participants: 15 - 35
Students share a double room with a Turkish roommate in the dorms on campus. Students in the dorm prepare their own meals or eat at the campus center with a stipend provided by Scripps. Homestays may be possible, but limited. Students will have breakfast and dinner with their hosts and receive a stipend for lunches from Scripps.
- Fall: Late August to late December/early January
- Spring: Late January to early June
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Istanbul and Los Angeles.