The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Tanzania for our students.
Instruction consists of a half-credit Swahili language and culture class, lectures, research, and directed field study. On-site orientation and educational fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Wildlife management, environmental policy
- Eligibility: 8.4 cumulative GPA; coursework in ecology/biology
- Number of program participants: 30
Students live at Moyo Hill Camp (MHC) located in the Tarangire-Manyara ecosystem between Lake Manyara National Park and the famous Ngorongoro Conservation Area. All meals are provided.
- Fall: Early Septemeber to mid December
- Spring: Early February to early May
- Advising Tips: Scripps students may apply for additional SFS programs in Bhutan, Cambodia/Vietnam, Panama, Peru, and Turks & Caicos Islands with one extra step in the Scripps application.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, SFS will provide you with specifics about visa information.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Tanzania and the USA.