Students should be prepared for intensive and immersive language study for three hours per day, including one-on-one instruction daily for 12 credits (3.0 courses at Scripps) (approximately and a part-time internship for 3 credits (.75 courses at Scripps).
- Reviewed by: Professor Thierry Boucquey
- Fields of study: Intensive Chinese language classes and a class with a ten hour per week internship.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; completion of Chinese 1B prior to departure
- Number of program participants: 5 -15 students with a strong motivation to improve their language skills and who come from liberal arts colleges and universities across the USA.
Students share a double room in apartments in areas around downtown Taipei with at least half of the residents of the apartment either local students or young professionals from Taiwan. Students share kitchen facilities with the other residents and prepare their own meals with an allowance provided by Scripps.
- Fall: Mid September to late December
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference completed by the most recent language professor.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, CET will provide you with specifics about the visa requirements.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Taipei and Los Angeles.