CIEE Service Learning
Students are required to take the Community Advocacy Internship, Development and Globalization: Dominican Republic Case Study, Social Research Methods, a Spanish course at their level, and the Capstone Project, totaling 3.75 course credits at Scripps. Students may choose an elective in studio arts or dance worth .25 course credits at Scripps.
- Reviewed by: Faculty: Cindy Forster
- Fields of study: Hispanic studies and development.
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA required by Scripps; GPA of 8.25-8.9 requires a petition to COSA.; completion of Spanish 44 or higher with a 9.0 average in Spanish language classes required; previous experience with volunteering or research.
- Number of program participants: 15-25
Students live in home stays and take all meals with their hosts to improve Spanish language fluency.
- Fall: Mid August to mid December
- Spring: Early January to late April
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Santiago and Los Angeles.
|Next: Santo Domingo|