CIEE: Liberal Arts
Students attend classes at the Universidad de Chile, the Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, or the Universidad Diego Portales. Instruction consists of lectures, seminars, and research. Courses are taught in Spanish. On-site orientations and fieldtrips are included.
- Reviewed by: Professor Jennifer Wood
- Fields of study: Social sciences, humanities, letters, advanced Spanish language
- Eligibility: 9.0 cumulative GPA; completion of two 100 level courses in Spanish; 3-5 courses in major
- Size of the student body: The universities range in size from 12.000 to 29,000 undergraduates.
- Number of program participants: Approximately 25-40 US students are on the CIEE program.
Students live with hosts in private homes and have meals with the host family.
- Fall: Mid-July to mid-December
- Spring: Mid-February to mid-July
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Santiago and Los Angeles.