The Scripps College list of approved SAGE – Study Abroad and Global Education programs may change in response to students' interests and feedback, faculty, and administrative evaluations as well as changing world events. Study abroad is not without risks and students are advised to carefully choose their study site.
The Scripps Committee on Study Abroad (COSA) has approved the following programs in Russia for our students.
Instruction consists of language study and seminars; courses taught in Russian. On-site orientation and fieldtrips included.
- Fields of study: Russian language and culture
- Eligibility: 8.1 cumulative GPA; two years of college-level Russian
- Number of program participants: 25
Students live in residence halls and private homes. Students prepare their meals or take meals with the family.
- Fall: mid-September to mid-December
- Spring: early January to mid-May
- Advising Tips: This program requires a faculty reference and a language evaluation. Faculty referees may use the Scripps form or the student can provide a link to the online reference form.
- Visa Information: After acceptance, your program will provide you with specifics about the visa required. The embassy site will have information on visa requirements for planning purposes.
- Budget Planning: For budget planning purposes, click here to view the current cost of living comparison between Saint Petersburg and Los Angeles.